Awards ceremony of the Short Theater Festival – 26th edition, Oradea International Theater Festival
The 8th edition of the Oradea International Theater Festival has come to an end after 11 intense days of theater! We enjoyed a rich and very good selection of shows, concerts, related cultural events and beautiful artistic encounters.
This year the festival included three large sections:
- GUEST SHOWS – OFF COMPETITION, a section specially dedicated to Oradea residents, which aims to bring to the audience broad productions, which are currently at the top in the theater.
- The OUTDOOR section – which aims to turn the street into a big stage and give passers-by a bit of the magic of the theatre. All outdoor events were free this year.
- And the competition section – THE SHORT THEATER FESTIVAL, reached its XXVI edition this year. 17 performances from theaters in the country and abroad competed for the five awards given by the jury: the award for the best actress, the award for the best actor, the award for the best director, the award for the best show and, this year there will not be an award for best set design, but instead a special jury award will be awarded.
The selection was made by the Management of the Regina Maria Theatre, and the jury was made up of three personalities from the theater world, namely: theater critics Doru Mareș, Elizabeth Pop and Mircea Morariu.
The jury decided to award the following prizes:
- Best Actress Award:
- Raluca Aprodu for the role in the show "Girls and boys”, by Dennis Kelly, directed by: Cristi Juncu – Act Theatre, Bucharest
- Georgia Crapărin for the role of Liselotte in the show "Till Death Do Us Part (Liselotte and May)” by Poszgai Zsolt, director: Daniel Vulcu – Regina Maria Theater, Oradea
- Emőke Kató for the role of Ester Nagy in the show "All the things Alois took from me” by Cosmin Stănilă, director: Andrei Măjeri – REACTOR OF CREATION AND EXPERIMENT, Cluj-Napoca
The award for best actress goes to actress Emőke Kató for the role of Ester Nagy in the show "ALL THE THINGS ALOIS TOOK FROM ME".
- Best Actor Award:
- Pavel Sirghi for the role of Ica in the show "last” by Mimi Brănescu, directed by Denisa Irina Vlad – Regina Maria Theater
- Ionut Caras for the role in the show "The black mirror”, after Luigi Pirandello, directed by: Roberto Bacci – National Theater "Lucian Blaga", Cluj-Napoca
- Cornel Răileanu for the role of Zaharia Trahanache in the show "A letter lost in concert” by ILCaragiale, concert performance by Ada Milea – National Theater "Lucian Blaga", Cluj-Napoca
- Best Director Award:
- Andrei and Andreea Grossu for the showMassie” by Fran Kranz, a co-production between the National Theater "Radu Stanca" Sibiu and unteatru
- Cristi Juncu for the show "Girls and boys”, by Dennis Kelly – Act Theatre, Bucharest
- Andrei Măjeri for directing the shows "All the things Alois took from me” by Cosmin Stănilă – REACTOR OF CREATION AND EXPERIMENT, Cluj-Napoca and “heroines” after Publius Ovidius Naso, "Mihai Eminescu" Theatre, Botoșani.
- Best Show Award:
- "Massie" by Fran Kranz, directed by: Andrei and Andreea Grosu, a co-production of the National Theater "Radu Stanca" Sibiu and unteatru
- "All the things Alois took from me" by Cosmin Stănilă, directed by Andrei Măjeri – REACTOR OF CREATION AND EXPERIMENT, Cluj-Napoca
- "The zinc boys" dramatization, stage adaptation and direction: Yuri Kordonsky, Bulandra Theater Bucharest.
The award for best show goes to the show "The zinc boys" dramatization, stage adaptation and direction: YURI KORDONSKY, Bulandra Theater Bucharest.
The Special Jury Award goes to the show "A letter lost in concert" by ILCaragiale, concert performance by Ada Milea - National Theater "Lucian Blaga", Cluj-Napoca
We remind you that the Oradea International Theater Festival is organized by the Regina Maria Theater and the Bihor County Council, with the support of the Oradea City Hall and the Association for the Promotion of Tourism in Oradea and the Region (Visit Oradea).
Thank you to everyone who joined us: main partners: VPK Packiging, Optica Ovidiu, partners: Corex, NRGO, the Anonymous Teatrul Association, Humanitas Bookstores, Impress Media, mobility partner D&C Oradea, sponsors: Darabont Family, Izvorul Mununilor, Cofetăria La Teatru Restaurant, Astoria Hotel, Continental Hotel, InterRegional Călători, Je t'aime Florist, media partners: Bihoreanul, Cotidianul Crișana, Jurnal Bihorean, Bihon, Days and Nights Magazine, Bihorștiri, Oradea Events, Agerpres, Magic FM, Oradea en Direct, Aleșd Online, InfoOradea, UZP Bihor, Utopium, Ovi Dan.
Thanks also go to the entire team of the Regina Maria Theater and the volunteers for their involvement in organizing this edition of the festival. Thank you and you, all the viewers, you are a wonderful audience and we hope to meet again in as many editions as possible from now on.