Start registrations for the XXVIth edition of the Short Theater Festival 2022
The "Regina Maria" Theater in Oradea announces the start of registrations for the 26th edition of the Short Theater Festival. The event, unique in the Romanian theatrical landscape, will take place between June 9 and 19, 2022.
SHORT THEATER FESTIVAL – COMPETITION SECTION
editionXXVIth city, Oradea (9-19 June 2022)
- SHORT HISTORY
The Short Theater Festival, the only one-act play festival in Romania, is a cultural manifestation with a longevity equaled by few festivals in the country - the first edition took place in 1976. Since 1984, from the VI- th edition, the Short Theater Festival becomes international.
The people of Oradea watched performances from Hungary, Italy, France, Croatia, the Czech Republic, the Republic of Moldova, but also from distant Japan. Over time, important guests - actors, directors, dancers, scenographers, theater critics, festival directors, but also prominent personalities of the cultural life in Romania have participated in the Oradean cultural event.
The festival managed to impose a trend among valuable directors, encouraging them more and more to stage short plays, significantly contributing to the consecration of this new theatrical genre – the short theater performance (a maximum of 90 minutes and no intermission). Today there is no theater whose repertoire lacks the short play. Moreover, through its economy of time, space and energy, this genre seems to be the ideal theatrical option for contemporaneity, all the more as this artistic form is increasingly known and appreciated by the public.
The goal of this festival is to create a space for reflection on the theatrical act, to stimulate contemporary creation by representing the short play, to facilitate the public's access to the cultural act by capitalizing on unconventional play spaces and to support and promote young artists from the theatrical field.
Since 2013, the Short Theater Festival has become part of the Oradea International Theater Festival.
- REGULATIONS OF THE SHORT THEATER FESTIVAL
- The selected performances must fit into the specifics of the short theater festival (maximum 90 minutes, without intermission).
- The selection of performances that will be presented in the festival will be announced by May 1, 2022.
- The organizers do not assume the possible problems related to obtaining the copyright of the selected shows
- The organizers can provide, depending on the festival budget, accommodation for a maximum of 2 nights, per day and transport of people and decorations;
- The composition of the bands in the competition section is maximum 30 people
- Free technical assistance is provided for each participating artistic group;
- At the request of the bands, the organizers can provide them with other spaces for performances.
The festival is a competitive one. A jury made up of three personalities from the Romanian theatrical world will award the following prizes:
- The award for the best show
- The award for the best direction
- The award for the best scenography
- The award for the best actor
- The award for the best actress
Play spaces within Festival:
- The Great Hall of the Queen Maria Theatre
- The Arcadia Hall of the Queen Maria Theatre
- Oradea Citadel – mobile stage
- Transylvania Hall
Details show registration:
The period of sign up: February 14 - April 15, 2022.
Materials required ENTRY:
- Link to the recording of the show
- Synopsis and press extracts;
- 5 photos;
- Registration form (performance sheet, technical details, logistical details) – ANNEXED
Materials will be sent to:
Queen Mary Theatre
King Ferdinand I Square, no. 6, 410021, Oradea, Bihor, Romania
With mention: For the Short Theater Festival
Or to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For informationadditional information you can contact us at:
Phone: 0359.411.534 / 0359.411.535
Victoria Balint, section head of the Iosif Vulcan Troupe
Phone: 0730 009 507
Festival director: Daniel Vulcu