PRIZES OF THE SHORT THEATER FESTIVAL | 25th edition
The 7th edition of the Oradea International Theater Festival has come to an end, after eight intensive days of theater. One of the most anticipated moments of the festival is the awarding of the Short Theater Festival awards - competition section, which this year is in its 25th edition.
The selection of the SHORT THEATER FESTIVAL was made by Victoria Balint - head of the office of cultural projects and relations with the public at the Regina Maria Theater, and the following performances were part of the competition:
- SUICIDAL based on texts by Luigi Pirandello, translation, screenplay and direction by Norbert Boda – Baia Mare Municipal Theatre
- THE TOT FAMILY by Örkény István, directed by Sânziana Stoican - Classical Theater "Ioan Slavici" Arad
- BEFORE BREAKFAST by Eugene O`Neil, stage version and direction: Andrei and Andreea Grosu - "Maria Filotti" Theater, Brăila
- BRUTUS or THE ASSASSINATION OF JULIUS CAESAR by Tüncer Cucenoğlu, directed by Irakli Gogia – Tbilisi Sandro Akhmeteli State Drama Theatre, Georgia
- THE SAND MONSTER by Csaba Szekely, directed by Andi Gherghe - Dramatic Theater "Fani Tardini", Galati
- AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP by Dario Fo and Franca Rame, directed by Ana-Ioana Macaria – Bucharest Art Theatre
- MEDEA'S BOYS – dramaturgy Ionuț Sociu + fragments from “Medea” by Euripides, directed by Andrei Măjeri – Apollo111 Theater, Bucharest
- AVALANCHE by Tüncer Cucenoğlu, directed by Petru Vutcărău – Regina Maria Theater, Oradea
This year, the jury of the Short Theater Festival was formed by three great personalities from the theater world, ION PARHON, ELIZABETH POP and ION SAPDARU, who scrutinized the performances and decided on the following awards:
The award for the best actress, which is awarded to Mrs.:
ANDREA BIBIRI for the role of Woman in the show "An Open Relationship"
Prize offered by Rotary Club Oradea.
The award for the best actor, which is granted to Mr.:
EDUARD TRIFA for the roles of Medea and Triphos in the show "Medea`s boys"
Prize offered by Rotary Club Oradea Art Nouveau.
The award for the best scenography, which is awarded to Mrs.:
MARIKA KVACHTADZE – for the scenography of the performance "Brutus or the Murder of Julius Caesar", from the "Sandro Akhmeteli" State Drama Theater in Tbilisi, Georgia
Prize offered by D&C Oradea.
Best Director Award it is awarded ex aequo to the gentlemen:
Irakli Gogia for directing the show "Brutus or the Murder of Julius Caesar" and ANDREI MAJERI for directing the show "Medea's boys".
Prize offered by HOLCIM Oradea.
The award for the best show goes to the show:
"Brutus or The Assassination of Julius Caesar", from the "Sandro Akhmeteli" State Drama Theater in Tbilisi, Georgia
Prize provided by RAIFFEISEN BANK.
This edition, to the list of awards was added:
SPECIAL JURY PRIZE, awarded to the Regina Maria Theater for the show "AVALANțA" by Tuncer Cucenoglu, directed by Petru Vutcărău - for the value of the message and the quality of the stage embodiment.
Award presented by the Lions Club.
The Oradea International Theater Festival is organized by the Regina Maria Theatre, in partnership with the Bihor County Council, the FITO Cultural Foundation and UNITER.
Thank you to everyone who was with us: official sponsor Raiffeisen Bank, official partner Holcim, sponsors Club Rotary Oradea, Rotary Club Oradea Art Nouveau, D&C Oradea, Mic Mobilier Trans, Lions Club, Farmacia 3, Hotel Varadia, Hotel Continental, Casa Florilor, Flavors Patisserie, Optione, Six for Kids, partners: Bihor National Tourist Information and Promotion Center, Selgros and Humanitas Bookstores and all media partners: Zile si Nopți Magazine, Crișana Cotidianul, Jurnalul Bihorean, Bihoreanul, Bihorștiri, Digi TV, Events Oradea, Agerpres, Radio Romania Cultural, Radio Romania Cluj, Ghid Local, Magic FM, InfoOradea, UZP Bihor, Oradea Life and Oradea live.
We thank all the spectators for responding positively to our proposal to meet again this year, as every year, during the Oradea International Theater Festival and we hope to see you again at as many editions as possible!